Over the past year, the GCCDS has worked with the Blossman Family YMCA to develop a campus improvement plan for their downtown Ocean Springs site. The program includes walking trails, new outdoor spaces, and a new fellowship building, among other amenities. The program goals included:
- Clarify and secure main entry points
- Government Street facade and curb improvements
- Campus building assessment and programmatic use inventory
- Campus circulation, way finding and security; and
- Improving membership experiences with amenities
Construction has started on the first stage of the campus improvement plan. The first stage involves moving a main entry path to provide for better campus security. This change creates an opportunity to better connect the indoor and outdoor pools. Two large roll-up doors will be installed in the natatorium next to the outdoor pool to allow the two pools and a large outdoor space to be used together.
Check out the story about the project in “The Mississippi Press”.